Friday, March 4, 2016

Shark teeth hunting to Bud's Fish Fry

Tony's View

We started today out with First Friday mass at St. Maximilian Koble. Afterwards, we went out and looked at the statues in the memorial garden. We found one with a tear running down the nose, so we took a picture to share. Joan was in that picture with Theresa, but cropped herself out because she had her eyes closed. We then headed back to their house for another terrific Bud breakfast.













With full bellies, Bud took us on a 2 1/2 mile hike down this cool bike path to see an empty eagle's nest. Despite being empty, it was a neat nest with great views of it. You can see the nest right above Joan's head. This way Joan could be in the picture. On the way out Joan found some big pine cones to bring home via the Theresa express. She held them out and away from her in case some critters came crawling out so she had time to drop them.

We then went to Englewood Beach to hunt for shark teeth. Nearby Venice is considered the shark teeth capital of the world so they say. In the picture you can see Bud explaining what they look like to me. As you can see in the picture I was excited. The beach was also a good walking beach, but the funny thing was that I think I was one of the youngest at the beach. We then went to a flea market and I got a new pair of cycling sunglasses.




We went shopping, oh yea. We did go get some gelato. I had key lime and banana cream flavor. Funny thing is, Theresa had already bought gelato and had some in their freezer. So being the great guest I am, I ate some for breakfast this morning and just because I had to, I suffered through another bowl after dinner. Yes, I had it three times today. Ken would be proud of me, or maybe jealous. 
When Bud and I were avoiding shopping and taking a walk, we walked by the Cathedral. We stopped in and they had Eucharist Adoration going on so we said a few prayers. My prayers were that shopping would soon be over. My prayers were answered.
Back at their house and being that it is Friday, they had a fish fry for us. It was Red Fish which Bud just caught before we got here. It was so good and different than fish we get back in Ohio, at least that is what Bud told us. Again, we are so fortunate to have such nice friends who take care of us. As everyone knows, I am a pain in the butt, so when people are nice to me, you know they had to go out of their way.

Joan's View

Yes, today was our last day in sunny Florida, and I got to put my toes in the sand one last time before we head north. We are feeling extremely blessed. We had a great bicycle experience and we got to spend time with some wonderful people. I truly enjoy getting to experience the lifestyles of others which we did in several different ways, from life on the road living out of 2 bags to the uniqueness of Key West to the snow bird life of Port Charlotte. It's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment