Wednesday, July 18, 2018

BEAUTIFUL BIKE PATH TO SHEBOYGAN

Tony's view

 What a beautiful day to start a bicycle trip. Actually, everyday is a good day to start a bicycle trip.  It started on Carol and Clyde's peaceful back porch with a cup of coffee, just enjoying nature. Chester their dog jumped on my lap and enjoyed the time with me. We couldn't of asked for better weather. I ate Clyde's granola and we were off. We spent a lot of time on bike paths today and they were beautiful. We even ran into some obstacles, like someone mowing the sides of the bike path. We went 56.5 miles today and most of it on bike paths. Quite a few miles for Day one of riding, but Joan was a trooper and did a great job. The trail even had bike repair stops as in the picture below. There were several tools tied by cables, along with a tire pump. The stand was a place to hang your bike to be able to work on it. They even had a repair guide link on the post that you could access with your smartphone. OK, so I got a little to excited about it. It was one of the better bike path that we have been on. These rest areas even had drinking fountains with bottle fillers, along with many rest rooms spots.




 There were several unique bridges that we went across and this was one that people sitting on a near bench
took our picture. The benches had intricate trail logos in them. We went through many neat little towns along Lake Michigan. It would of been fun to spend time in each of them. Reminded me of upscale Yellow Springs and slightly bigger. That had some cool names like Oostburg.
 We had lunch at Hobos restaurant, with a cool hobo on the roof, kind of reminded me of Nick Selhorst. It was in Belgium, so we decided to take a picture of the Belgium sign. We didn't realize that we were in Europe at the location of the country which got 3rd place in the World Cup! You know the country that let me down and didn't beat France.















We ran across some very nice people again along the way and had some good conversations. They gave us some ideas on where to eat in future towns we are staying in and a place where Mary has appeared, called The National Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help. We plan to stop there on the way to Green Bay next week. I'll be working on maps shortly. This came as a result of Joan talking about Medjugorje to some fellow bike riders.

Joan's Extra


An absolutely beautiful, blue sky, perfect temperature day to ride. I could keep my jacket on most of the day because of the nice breeze from Lake Michigan, and having my jacket on minimizes the risk of sun damage too.

We arrived at the Harbor View Motel after our 56+ miles and during talking to the front desk attendant, she told me about a salt chamber for relaxation and healing sore muscles nearby. I managed to get an appointment on short notice so I got to enjoy an hour floating in an epsom salt chamber. It's amazing! They say that the results can last for several days. Woohoo!

Some other reports:
Lots of milkweed & Monarch butterflies seen today (that's for you, Carol)
One bee sting (me)
The entrance to the float chamber




Me after my float at the Float Doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment