Thursday, February 25, 2016

It's a Throwback Thursday for Tony in Fort Lauderdale 

Joan's View

Fort Lauderdale is a rest day and I so took advantage of it and slept in! Tony did a nice job again of finding us an apartment style room for the stop here in Fort Lauderdale. Once we got moving, we began the day with maintenance. I stayed at the nearby laundry mat while Tony walked to Publix for food. I gotta say the attendant at the laundry mat was really nice and loaned me quarters until Tony got back since I didn't have any small bills for the change machine. Oops. Tony had to wait on a draw bridge though to get to Publix.  

We then walked a mile or so along the beach.  It's a little cooler today, but the water is remarkable warmer here.  Today's photos are all about are beach time.
FYI - Tony's thumb injury was pre-bike trip.

A few spring breakers were around, but I'm sure more will be arriving in the coming weeks. We walked back along the boardwalk and even went into a few shops (Tony's limit). Tony was here for spring break in 1984 and on our walk back, he thinks he saw the hotel that he and his college buddies stayed at in 1984. It looked 32+ years old too, but is that amazing?  
Back at the room, Tony cleaned and oiled the bike. We took one more trip to the beach with the comfy beach chairs provided and Tony did some body surfing. We ate a nice dinner in the room of stuffed scallops for Tony and a fillet for me. Tony finished rerouting the Garmin for one of the upcoming days because he realized that we would have been on a gravel road otherwise.

Stayed tuned tomorrow for where the wind blows us!


Tony's Side Notes

When I walked over the draw bridge to go get groceries for us, there were several yachts that were enormous. I took a picture of one of them. One was named "Incentive." Maybe something like that would be a good "incentive" by Choice One to me. However, you all know that won't work for me so it wouldn't help in keeping me out of the office.

By the way, if you are reading this blog and not checking out Choice One's Facebook page, you are missing how they are abusing me while I am gone. Check it out to see how mean they are to me. https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=choice%20one%20engineering




This is the picture of the hotel I am guessing we stayed at for Spring Break some 32 years ago. I went with Ron Fairbanks, Brian Zombie Stutz, Chris Bauserman, Todd Gregory, and Dave Mangas. Might have been more but that is all I can remember, with Ron's help. We all stayed in one room and told the motel that we had 2 in the room to save money. Four of us had to sneak in every time we went to the room. There was the gate right by the main office (see picture). They had a gate in the back you could open from the inside to sneak in. Funny thing about it now is that they probably knew better and we were too young to realize it. The good ole days. 
Going by Miami Beach tomorrow, I am wondering if it is as glamorous as people claim.



No comments:

Post a Comment