Wednesday, July 19, 2017

SHORT RELAXING RIDE

Tony's View

Today's ride was only 16 miles with only a couple of hills. It happened to be the next place we want to go, Penn Yan on Keuka Lake. In fact, on the dinner cruise they said John Travolta has a place in Penn Yan, but who really cares. 


If you look in the foreground you see a big hill. It is hard to see because I was the photographer and not as good as Joan. Trust me if you look close you can see it. The amazing part was it looks like a downhill to the up hill but to our astonishment is it was up hill to the big hill. Optical illusion I guess in the Amish country. When we got to the top of the hill traveling 3.5mph we made a turn on a country road  with a name Joan liked. As you can see in the photo below it was called Flat Street. It even got two thumbs up from her. Well it was flat in this area standards, but in west central Ohio it would be considered hilly. 
  
 When we got to the hotel at 11:15 they weren't ready for us, which is understandable. They did find a place for our bags so we could travel around town and around the lake without the extra weight. Above, you see Joan found a quiet beach to walk out into. Then a day care dropped off a bunch a kids and Joan's quiet beach got busy. It was fun just to sit back,relax and watch the kids have a blast. Things you don't usually enjoy in our busy world. They were burning up a lot of energy. We both thought it was a good idea of the daycare. 

We decided after a couple of hours at the lake beach (and being stalked by sea gulls) that we would go back to the hotel. I decided to jump in the pool while Joan started the laundry. Before you chastise me, Joan didn't want to go swimming. I did go out and clean and oil the chain, make a few tweaks to her gears and clean the bike, just so you can feel sorry for me, it was very hot and humid. I sweated through another shirt.😓

I decided to go swimming again to cool off. I should say thanks to Joan for doing the laundry.

Joan's Extra

Some things I am thankful for today:

  • Tony getting us up all these hills (I hear him panting).
  • My own set of gears.
  • A rainfree day.
  • The beauty of the Finger Lakes area and the clear waters.
  • Another nice hotel (versus a tent for all of you GOBA people).
  • Most of all - faith, family & friends! God bless America! It's a beautiful country!


No comments:

Post a Comment