Day 5 - Gedser, Denmark - Should I Stay or Should I Go Now
Joan's View
We had to make an early decision like in that great 80s song from the Clash, "Should I Stay or Should I Go Now." If we left early, we might have to find shelter until we could get into the next Airbnb. If we stay, we would have to leave late. Our ride is about 32 miles today so my vote was to do the "Alone" strategy and keep the shelter that we already have. Tony thinks about having to clean the bike so I guess that strategy worked for him too. Heidi, our Airbnb host, gave us clearance to hang out in Vordinborg until the rain passes.
Tony's Extras
We made it dry, which already puts this trip in the "success" column. Then we checked Ito the Airbnb and learned there's no Wi‑Fi, when I booked it I kinda missed that one
Fortunately, I listened to Joan and didn't leave until 3:30 p.m. Patience paid off this time.
Now, before anyone gets the idea that I've become a patient person, let's not jump to conclusions. One correct decision does not establish a trend. However, maybe I will make a habit out of listening to Joan and again, maybe not.
No comments:
Post a Comment